This weekend we drove out to the Sullivan Blackberry Farm in London, Oh. It took us about an hour to pick 4cups of berries...a little slow with 2 in tow. But Maddie loved it and she loved the kitten that kept following us around. She was trying to entice it over by wiggling her fingers and saying "nice ditty, nice ditty." We actually got to pet it once or twice. Of course, when she heard the dog bark, she was done helping and spent the rest of the time trying to climb to the very top of my head to get away from the dog. His name was Charlie Brown - sounds fierce, doesn't it? :)
At first Maddie didn't want to touch the berries (hmm, imagine that) but after she got the hang of it she wanted to pick everything that resembled a berry...green red black, you name it.
Maddie showing off her big haul.
Savannah's contribution to the process. It was a very warm day and she slept right through most of it!
And the finished product! I'm not a great pie-maker, so please forgive the boiled over edges and the really uncreative design on the top. But it tasted okay, so that's what matters, right?
9 comments:
oh that looks so yummy. How fun! I am glad that there are fun places for you all in Ohio. We do miss you though!
That pie looks absolutely wonderful!! I'd love to have a taste. I love the beautiful view into your yard, it's so green. Your two girls are adorable, I can't believe how big they are both getting. Also I'm jealous you got a minivan!
I love berry picking! - What a fun family activity! :) - It looks like it was a success - Also the pie looks Delicious in spite of the leakage! :)
That looked so fun, and SO yummy! You are quite a crafty and talented little lady!! :)
That is a great looking pie. good job heidi. the pictures are so cute and what a fun activity as a family. savannah and maddie are getting so big. wish i was there to try out the pie. yummy.
tiff
Looks like such a fun time. Your pie looks much better than the way mine always turn out! :) Your girls are too cute!
I am so sad I missed I was late and missed Maddie berry picking. My kids also had a great time. Your pictures are so cute! Your pie looks amazing. I can say that because mine didn't look half so good.
Tonight was so fun. I'm glad you were there and Savannah totally made my night with her cute little giggles.
Savannah looks like she is trying to send a message to Maddie. Hands off! Pass me some warm pie with vanilla ice cream!
Post a Comment