Sunday, August 16, 2009

Devastation


Tuesday we picked a couple of ears of our corn to see if it was ready yet and Thursday morning we woke up to our garden looking like this. The squirrels hadn't touched the corn all summer till this one night and then they completely demolished it. There isn't a single ear of corn left that hasn't been eaten. We used to enjoy sitting at our dinner table and watch the little varmits scurry up and down the trees. But no more! I declare war! I'm picking up some artillery next chance I get and they will regret the day they destroyed my corn patch.

3 comments:

Hansen Family said...

That stinks!!! go get them Heidi! Cute girls:)

DaMomma said...

That is so sad!! Your beautiful garden! Death to squirrels! You are so funny!

Did you get the invite to our blog? Sorry I never got your message! Yours was the only one I had gotten at that email address in almost a year!

Sharina said...

I hear ya honey! We feel the same way about our ground hogs!